The Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF, Russia’s sovereign wealth fund) announces the data of UAE’s Ministry of Health on the Russian Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine confirming its safety and high efficacy during the vaccination campaign.
Efficacy among more than 81,000 subjects who had received both components of Sputnik V was 97.8%. Analysis is based on the data collected by June 8, 2021.
The Russian vaccine was also fully (100%) effective against severe cases of COVID.
Vaccination data indicates high safety of Sputnik V:
- No severe adverse events associated with vaccination;
- No cases of hospitalization after vaccination:
- No deaths related to the vaccination;
- No cerebral vein thrombosis (CVT) cases after vaccination;
- No cases of myocarditis reported.
Sputnik V was registered in UAE in January 2021 under the emergency use authorization procedure.